An Apple ID is often linked to a particular email address. In case you no longer use a particular email ID or your phone is lost, it becomes necessary for security as well as convenience purposes that you change the ID itself. Changing it would allow you to not miss any account verification information as well as you will still have access to your contacts, photos, and purchases among other things.
Furthermore, because it contains your personal data and settings, you may also use it to authenticate yourself on Apple devices like your iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. In this article, I will show you how to change the Apple ID on your iPhone. So, stick to the end.
How to Change Apple ID?
Here are the following steps on how to change the apple id on iphone –
- Firstly, head to the Settings app from your iPhone.
- On the top of your screen, you would see your name. Tap on it.
- Select your Name, Phone Number as well as Emails, and then enter your password to get into your Apple ID.
- On the right side of your screen, tap on the Edit option lying right to Contactable AT.
- From the left side of your Apple ID tap on the red minus logo.
- Now, a prompt containing a Delete option will now pop up. Tap on it.
- When prompted to add another email address to your Apple ID, select Proceed. After then, you might have to enter your passcode once again. Make sure you have entered it correctly both times.
- In the next section, you will have to enter a new email address for your Apple ID, and then from the top right corner, tap on Next.
- The email that you have entered for your Apple ID, will now receive a verification code which you retrieve by opening your email inbox. On your, iPhone enters the verification code when asked and once you have entered the code correctly, your new Apple ID will be verified.
How Do I Change My Apple ID: What Do You Need to Know
You will be prompted to try again later if you attempt to change your Apple ID to a @icloud.com email address that was made within the previous 30 days.
You should check to see whether you or a member of your family isn’t already using that email address with a different Apple ID if you get a notice saying that the email address you want to use isn’t accessible or is already in use. If you have any family members who are currently using that email address delete it before getting that into use or else switching to a new Apple ID would just not work. You can also change your Apple ID to a different phone number in case you find it more convenient. However, for that, your Apple ID must be a phone number and not an email
I hope you will now be able to switch to a new Apple ID. For more such informative articles and guide you can follow Emailspedia.