Dental implants Nashville are a type of dental restoration that provides a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. They are designed to mimic the look and function of natural teeth, providing a durable and long-lasting solution for those with missing teeth. Dental implants consist of three parts:
- The implant: A small titanium post that is surgically inserted into the jawbone to replace the tooth root.
- The abutment: A connector that is attached to the top of the implant, which supports the replacement tooth or teeth.
- The restoration: The replacement tooth or teeth that are attached to the abutment and are custom-made to match the patient’s natural teeth in size, shape, and color.
Dental implants Nashville procedure typically involves a consultation and planning stage, followed by the implant placement surgery, and then a period of healing before the restoration is attached to the implant. Dental implants offer numerous benefits, including improved oral function, a natural-looking appearance, and increased comfort and stability compared to other tooth replacement options. They are also a long-lasting solution, with most lasting for decades with proper care.
Facts on Dental Implants
Here are some interesting facts about dental implants:
- Dental implants have been used for over 50 years, and the first successful dental implant procedure was performed in 1965.
- Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stimulates natural bone growth, helping to prevent bone loss and maintaining facial structure.
- The success rate of dental implant procedures is over 95%, making it one of the most successful dental procedures.
- Dental implants are made of titanium, a biocompatible material that is commonly used in other medical procedures, such as joint replacements.
- Mini dental implants are a smaller version of traditional dental implants and are an excellent option for those who do not have enough bone density for traditional implants.
- All-on-4 implants are a popular option for those with multiple missing teeth, as they can support a full arch of replacement teeth with only four implants.
- The procedure for placing dental implants is typically done under local anesthesia, and patients can return to work and their normal activities within a few days.
- Dental implants are a long-term solution for tooth replacement, with most lasting for decades with proper care.
- Belle Meade dental implants can improve a person’s quality of life, allowing them to eat and speak comfortably and confidently and providing a natural-looking, long-lasting solution for missing teeth.